A 7.8 magnitude earthquake struck Nepal on Saturday 25 April 2015, devastating Kathmandu and rural areas across the region. The death toll is more than 4000 and continues to rise. More than 9000 people are injured. The aftershocks of the earthquake have people frightened to return to their own homes.
“Eight million people have been affected by the massive earthquake in Nepal – more than a quarter of the country’s population – the United Nations says.
International aid has started arriving but there is still huge need – 1.4 million require food aid, the UN said.”
– BBC News
One million children are in urgent need of help and it is heartbreaking to see the devastation.
As children and family photographers we want to support the survivors in Nepal. However, in order to do this we need your help.
This is what we have in mind and hope you will help us raise funds for Nepal. Every little counts.
Our chosen fund is GIRO555 from De Stichting Samenwerkende Hulporganisaties (SHO). This organisation is a partnership of Dutch aid organisations including Oxfam, Save the Children, Unicef, Cordaid and Red Cross Netherlands.
And this is how you can help…
You and your children could win a wonderful family photo session on-location in the heart of the Randstad (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague or Utrecht)!
- This session will be photographed by Natalie AND Vinita and will be held during the month of September 2015 (Natalie is currently on maternity leave, hence the later date). This gives you plenty of time to shop for new outfits too, if need be ;-)
- Session is for up to 5 members of the same immediate family and will last between 1-2 hours.
- Winner will also receive all their proof images in medium resolution on CD. Print to your heart’s content!
- Valued at €1000!!
How to win:
- Make a MINIMUM donation of €10 to GIRO555.
- For every donation of €10 you will be entered into the prize draw. Increase your chance of winning; donate €100 and you’ll receive 10 entries!
- Forward a copy of your donation confirmation email to email@example.com (if you do not receive your donation confirmation email within 5 minutes, please check your spam folder)
- All entries must be RECEIVED by midnight (GMT+1) on: Sunday 31 May 2015.
- Winner will be drawn at random and announced on: Monday 1 June 2015.
- You can enter as many times as you like, but each entry must be the minimum €10 donation.
- Session participants must sign a model release. This allows us to showcase our favourite images from your session on our blogs (Natalie’s blog and Vinita’s blog) and on the Images to Inspire Hope website.
- Session must be held in the Randstad area (Amsterdam, Rotterdam, The Hague and Utrecht).
- If the winner does not claim his/her prize by Monday 8 June 2015 or cannot claim the prize, then another winner will be drawn.
- This program is not sponsored or promoted by GIRO555 (SHO) and we are not receiving anything in return for this effort.
But wait! There’s more!
Please forward this to your friends so they can enter the prize draw as well! Feel free to blog, tweet or share the link to the Images to Inspire Hope website! Together we can help those in need.
Thank you SO much!!
Natalie and Vinita